- Classes taught in Spanish
- Housing: local host families, residencias and student apartments
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University Contact Information Form
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
Summer Academic Program
TOTAL CONTACT HOURS/CREDITS AVAILABLE
80-90 contact hours per session
5-6 credit hours
This program is designed for students at all levels who wish to study abroad in Granada to begin or to improve their knowledge of Spanish language in an immersion setting. Students study Spanish grammar and conversation. Students may earn 80-90 contact hours (5-6 semester credits) per summer term.
An essentially communicative approach is used in these courses along with the use of the most up-to-date audiovisual technology. These courses are designed to suit the needs of all students. Each student’s level of study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the University of Granada.
Students wishing to complete both summer terms have the option of taking the Summer 1 Intensive Language program session, and transitioning to the Summer 2 Spanish Language & Culture program session (provided they have a B1.1 level of Spanish).
Transcripts are issued by the University of Granada upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Courtney Ray Goodson is the Granada Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
Carmen López Márquez and Carmen Chico Mohedano (“Curra”) are the Granada Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in Spain.