- Classes: taught in Spanish
- Housing: student apartments, local host families
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- API application
- University Contact Information Form
- Letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS PER SEMESTER
Contact hours: 80
Semester credits: 5
This program is intended for students who want to study abroad in Barcelona and improve their Spanish language skills in an immersion setting. Level of language study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the University of Barcelona
Summer Program Information
Summer students have a language and culture course (for 80 contact hours). The culture portion of the language course (20 contact hours) focuses on key aspects related to Spanish History, Art and Literature in its periods of greatest splendor and character (Middle Ages, Siglo de Oro, Art and Culture in the 20th century). Visits to some of the major cultural sites in Barcelona are part of the course.
API students will receive a transcript from the University of Barcelona upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Holly Howson is the Barcelona Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.