- Classes: taught in Spanish & English
- Housing: Local host families and student apartments
- Volunteer and community involvement activities
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- This program is for students at all levels of Spanish
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Additional application forms (including a housing form and a course form)
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- University Contact Information Form
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Semester credits: 6
Students who are looking to study abroad in Barcelona over the summer and take courses in English are good candidates for this program. All classes except for the Spanish language classes are taught in English. Students take a placement exam online prior to arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam.
API students will receive a transcript from the University Autonoma of Barcelona upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Holly Prendergast is the Barcelona Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.