- Classes: taught in Spanish
- Housing: Local host families and student apartments
- Volunteer and community involvement activities
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- This program is for students at all levels of Spanish
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University Contact Information Form
- Entry Documents: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Semester credits: 6
This program is intended for students who want to study abroad in Barcelona and focus on improving their Spanish language skills in an immersion setting. Students are assessed based on classroom participation, local field trips, a short research paper, and exams. Students take a placement exam online prior to arrival and are placed into a level based on the results of this exam.
API students will receive a transcript from the University Autonoma of Barcelona upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Holly Prendergast is the Barcelona Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.