- Classes: taught in Spanish
- Students enroll in a minimum of one class with Spaniards
- Housing: Student apartments, local host families and residence halls (additional fees apply for Barcelona residence halls)
- International excursion
- Open to juniors and seniors only
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- API application
- University Contact Information Form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional application forms (including a housing form, a course form, and visa form)
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- Copy of passport (or confirmation of passport application)
- Entry Documents: valid passport with student visa
- Language: Advanced & superior level students only
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Contact hours: 180-225 per semester
Semester credits: 12-15 per semester
Advanced and superior-level Spanish speakers who choose to study abroad in Barcelona with API in the Integrated Studies Program have the option to take advanced language courses, as well as a wide variety of course offerings in other disciplines. The language course is equivalent to 6 credits, whereas elective courses are typically equivalent to 3 credits. Many courses with other international students are available, but all students must select at least one course with Spaniards. Students are welcome to complete up to 15 credits per semester and can add additional courses for an extra fee.
Students must have completed at least one upper-division course of college-level Spanish or have the equivalent linguistic competency for admission. Students complete a placement exam upon arrival and are placed into a Spanish course based on the results of that exam.
API students will receive a transcript from the Pompeu Fabra University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Holly Howson is the Barcelona Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.