- Classes: taught in Spanish & English
- Housing: Student apartments, local host families and residence halls (additional fees apply for Barcelona residence halls)
- International excursion
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Completed API application
- University Contact Information Form
- Letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Additional application forms (including a housing form, a course form, and visa form)
- One (electronic) passport-sized photo
- Copy of passport (or confirmation of passport application)
- Entry Documents: valid passport with student visa
- Open to juniors and seniors only
- Language: Intermediate, advanced & superior level students only, must have completed 2-3 semesters of college level Spanish or equivalent
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
Contact hours: 180-225 per semester Semester credits: 12-15 per semester
The Hispanic and European Studies Program provides intermediate through superior-level Spanish speakers the opportunity to take a variety of courses in Spanish or English at one of the most prestigious universities for study abroad in Barcelona. The language course is equivalent to 6 credits, whereas elective courses are typically equivalent to 3 credits. Courses are taken with other international students. Students are welcome to complete up to 15 credits per semester and can add additional courses for an extra fee. Students must have completed 2-3 upper division courses of college-level Spanish or have the equivalent linguistic competency for admission. Students complete a placement exam upon arrival and are placed into a Spanish course based on the results of that exam.
API students will receive a transcript from the Pompeu Fabra University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with host families)
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Holly Prendergast is the Barcelona Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Spain.
The API Barcelona team consists of several great Resident Directors who will work with you during your stay in Spain.