- Housing: student dorms
- A top rated Scottish university
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors & seniors
- Completed API Application
- University Contact Information Form
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of passport
- Entry requirements: valid passport with supporting documents
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
15 semester credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Edinburgh with API will enroll in courses with Scottish and other international students at Heriot-Watt University – one of the leading academic institutions in Scotland. Heriot-Watt specializes in a variety of science and engineering subjects, but is also a leader in subjects such as brewing and distilling, business, fashion, design, and textiles.
Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh award credits based on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). To determine U.S. semester credit equivalency, common practice is to divide the SCQF amount by 4. Generally, one course at Heriot-Watt is worth 15 SCQF credits, which equates to approximately 4 U.S. semester credits. Students take 4 courses per semester and earn up to 16 U.S. semester credits.
API students receive their transcript from Heriot-Watt University upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Paige Clark is the Edinburgh Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Scotland.
Rebecca Campbell is the Edinburgh Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Scotland.