VENICE BIENNALE SUMMER ▶
Study Abroad in Venice
Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM), in conjunction with Marist College (NY), offers students an opportunity to study abroad in Venice during the summer the historic setting of the city’s Biennale art festival. Whether students traverse the narrow streets on foot or the canals via vaporetto, they are certain to be enraptured by the atmosphere that is uniquely Venice.
Venice, the capital of the Italian region of Veneto, is one of the world’s most beautiful cities. Known for its canals and bridges, the city stretches across 118 small islands in the Venetian lagoon along the Adriatic Sea in northeast Italy. From the 13th to the 17th centuries, Venice was one of the most important cities in Europe. Its strategic location made Venice an important center of trade between the East and the West, and art and culture blossomed as well, leaving a legacy of amazing artistic and architectural treasures. Today, Venice is one of the world’s most visited cities. Come and explore all that Venice has to offer with API!
- One of the world’s most beautiful cities
- Travel from one end of the city to the other by foot, vaporetto (water bus), water taxi or gondola
- Explore Venice’s canals, alley ways, bridges, and piazzas
- St. Mark’s Basilica & the Piazza San Marco
- The Rialto market and the Rialto Bridge
- Experience the marvelous art, architecture and cuisine of Venice