- Courses in English with Irish and other international students
- Special Early start programs for fall and year study abroad students
- Housing: student apartments (between term housing included for academic year students)
- International excursion
- Minimum G.P.A. 3.3
- Open to juniors & seniors
- Completed API application
- University Contact Information Form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Program of Study Statement
- Passport-sized photo
- Entry requirements: Valid passport with supporting documentation
Dates & Fees
WHY TRINITY COLLEGE DUBLIN?
- Ireland’s oldest and most prestigious university
- Ranked 49th in the world, and 13th in Europe in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2008
- A truly international university, with students from over 90 countries
- State-of-the-art facilities and international center for research
- Outstanding sports complex and a wide range of social clubs
- Stunning campus in the heart of Dublin
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-15 Semester Credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Dublin with API at Trinity College Dublin (TCD) choose from a range of undergraduate classes open to Irish and international students.
Students generally select 5-6 of the courses offered at TCD. On the API website students will be able to find more information about available courses, including credit amounts, syllabi, and descriptions. Students can also determine if there are any lab fees and/or prerequisites. Students have access to a course pre-registration form in their @api account, and they should make course selections from the online listings when completing this form. Registration does not take place until arrival, and course changes can be made during the add/drop period.
SEMESTER START UP PROGRAM
The Semester Start Up Program (SSP) offers an ideal way to gain an introduction to Irish studies through a carefully guided introduction to Ireland’s history, archaeology, culture, and literature. This program allows students to acclimate to the Irish university system, better preparing them to be able to integrate with the local Irish students when regular fall classes begin. It is recommended that students apply early if they are interested in the SSP program. More information is provided on the following page.
Trinity College Dublin awards credit based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Semester courses at the university are usually awarded 5 or 10 ECTS credits. Universities in the U.S. typically award .5 credit hour for every 1 ECTS credit. For example, a course worth 5 ECTS would transfer to the U.S. as 2.5 semester credit hours. It is very important that students planning on studying at TCD discuss the transfer of credits with an advisor at their home university – some universities have different standards for transferring ECTS credits. Based on the ECTS credits awarded per course, students usually take 5-6 classes in order to receive 12-15 credit hours per semester. Students are responsible for ensuring that they are enrolled in the required amount of semester credits to meet requirements of the home university. In all faculties, entrance to specific courses is subject to the approval of TCD and the completion of certain prerequisites. Courses offered on a year-long basis can only be taken by students visiting for the full academic year.
Students receive an official transcript from Trinity College Dublin upon successful completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Erin Meagher is the Dublin Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to Ireland.
Eimear Musgrave is the Dublin Resident Director, and will work with you during your stay in Ireland.