- Classes taught in French
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level French speakers
- Completed API application
- University contact information form
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
5-6 semester credits
This program provides a general overview of French language and culture to all levels for those who wish to study abroad in Paris for a summer session.
Students take 21 hours of class per week: 15 hours of French language, plus up to 3 workshops in written or oral French and/or phonetics, written French or French cinema. Cultural topics are covered within the language courses, making this a well-rounded language program. Students complete a total of 84 contact hours for the summer session.
All courses are taught at and transcripts are issued by the Institut Catholique de Paris upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Mobile Phone
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Amy Newman is the Paris Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to France.
Francine Bost-Millisher, Andrei Ivanov, and Kelsy Wilson are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.