- Classes taught in French
- Housing: local host families, dorms, and shared apartments
- Meals: with host families and/or grocery stipend card
- Open to beginning, intermediate, advanced and superior level French speakers
- Open to freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Completed API application
- University Contact Information Form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE PER TERM
5-6 semester credits
This program provides a general overview of French language and culture to all levels for those who wish to study abroad in Paris for a summer session.
Students take 21 hours of class per week: 15 hours of French language, plus up to 3 workshops in written or oral French and/or phonetics, written French or French cinema. Cultural topics are covered within the language courses, making this a well-rounded language program. Students complete a total of 84 contact hours for the summer session.
All courses are taught at and transcripts are issued by the Institut Catholique de Paris upon completion of their program.If a student’s home university requires a U.S. school of record, they can receive a transcript from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst for an additional fee.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Vija Mendelson is the Paris Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to France.
Delphine and Kelsy are the Paris Resident Directors and will work with you during your stay in France.