- Classes taught in French
- Housing: local host families and dorms
- Meals: Students living with host families will have their own room and be provided with two meals (breakfast and dinner) per day.
- Students living in a student residence are provided with weekday lunch vouchers; all other meals are the responsibility of the student.
- International excursion
- Open to High Intermediate, Advanced and Superior level students.
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Completed API application
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- University Contact Information Form
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A.
- Entry requirements: valid passport
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CONTACT HOURS AVAILABLE
90 Contact Hours
6 Semester Credits
Students who wish to study abroad in Grenoble on API’s French Language and Culture Studies summer program will take approximately ten hours per week of language and ten hours per week of elective culture classes. Students may earn a maximum of 90 contact hours (6 semester credits) per summer term.
All students may choose two courses from the list of options. Options are subject to minimum enrollment. Level of study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the CUEF. Attendance is required for all classes and has a major impact on the final grades and the number of contact hours and credits received.
API students will receive their transcript from the Centre Universitaire d’Études Françaises (CUEF) at Université Stendhal – Grenoble III upon completion of their program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- API Centers, Resident Directors
- On-Site Orientation
- Housing (including meals and laundry with some options)
- Transit Pass
- Language & Culture Tools
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day, international)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Vija Mendelson is the Grenoble Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to France.
Anna Exertier (pictured below) and Marie de Rocca Serra are the Grenoble Resident Directors, and will work with you during your stay in France.