- Housing: Student dorms (between term housing is included for academic year students)
- Courses with British students
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. and good academic standing at home university
- This program is open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors only.
- University Contact Information Form
- One letter of recommendation
- Solid preparation in area of specialization (major)
- Program of Study Statement
- Entry Requirements: Valid passport with supporting documentation for stays under 6 months or valid passport with student visa for stays over 6 months
Dates & Fees
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
12-15 Semester credits
Students who choose to study abroad in Leeds with API at the University of Leeds, will choose from a wide range of undergraduate classes open to British and international students.
The University of Leeds operates on the British credit system. Two British credits are equal to 1 ECTS credit, which in turn is worth 0.5 U.S. credits; in other words, to determine U.S. semester credit equivalency from British credits, divide by four.
A full-time workload at Leeds is generally around 60 British credits per semester, (or approximately 30 ECTS, or 15 U.S. credits). As modules (courses) at the University of Leeds can equate to varying amounts of U.S. credit hours, all students should verify that they will complete the required amount of credit for their home university upon their arrival. It is advised that students choose at least one alternate for every module selected for pre-approval from their home university, to ensure that they have a full course load should there be any cancellations, time conflicts, etc. Students usually complete 3-4 modules per term, each valued at 10 – 20 British credits.
The University of Leeds issues all official transcripts at the end of the academic year in July only. Exam results from the fall term will remain provisional until external exam board meetings in June/July. Students completing the fall term only in Leeds will also receive a provisional transcript from the University of Leeds approximately 2-3 months after the end of the program.
- @api Online System
- Orientation Materials and Resources
- Mobile Phone
- Peer Mentors
- Social Networking
- Airport Reception
- Resident Director
- On-Site Orientation
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Excursions (overnight, day)
- Social & Cultural Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Re-Entry Materials & Support
- Post-Program Evaluation
- Alumni Network & Professional Development Opportunities
Paige Clark is the Leeds Program Manager and will work with you through your departure to England.
Rachel Wellborn is the Leeds Resident Director and will work with you during your stay in England.