Study Abroad in Leeds
The University of Leeds is located 10 minutes from the city center. With more than 30,000 full-time undergraduate students, the university is one of the largest and most popular for U.K. students. In addition to English students, the University of Leeds welcomes more than 5,000 international students each year. One of the attractions is the range of courses taught at the university, offering students from almost every field of study an array of stimulating classes. API students at the University of Leeds are surrounded by students who also want to be part of a vibrant, cosmopolitan campus life, in the heart of a city that reflects that spirit. Students are able to participate in sports clubs, social activities, attend music events and nationally-renowned theater performances at one of the biggest and best student unions in the U.K. Study abroad in Leeds with API!
Leeds, the fastest growing (and 3rd largest) city in England, attracts students, travelers and businesses with its culture, commerce and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Leeds has an international reputation as one of the most desirable cities in England. It is centrally located, allowing for easy travel to London and other British destinations. Historians have found traces of Leeds’ history as early as 627 A.D. Leeds is known as the “Commercial Capital of the North,” as well as, “Environmental City of the U.K.” (Its economy is among the most diverse in the U.K., and it is one of the “greenest” cities in Europe, with a greenbelt covering over 2/3 of its entire area. Landmark sites that define Leeds are Millenium Square, Leeds City Art Gallery and Leeds City Museum, Leeds Waterfront, and Turk’s Head Yard. The city center and Victoria Quarter offer a wide array of shops and restaurants.
- One of England’s most popular universities - Voted “Best University Destination in the U.K.” by The Independent
- Widest range of undergraduate courses in England
- Geographical center of the U.K., ideal for traveling around Britain and the U.K.
- Quaint English history meets modern cosmopolitan lifestyle
- Home of thriving music, theater and arts scene
- Vibrant city center is 10 minutes walking distance from University
- Vibrant and socially tolerant city
- Easy to integrate with the locals
- Leeds University Union is one of the biggest in the U.K.
- Top-rated English literature and business programs
- 300 student clubs and societies
- Emphasis on innovative research and investment in high-quality facilities and first-rate infrastructure
- 35 of the university’s departments are rated internationally or nationally as ‘excellent’
- Leeds is among the top ten universities for research in the U.K.
- Graduates and academics who have become household names – from astronauts to astrophysicists, cabinet ministers to comedians
- Notable Leeds alumni and former staff include: J.R.R. Tolkien, Alan Yentob, Corinne Bailey Rae, Wole Soyinka, the Rt. Hon. Jack Straw, Andy Kershaw, Kay Mellor, Mark Knopfler, Piers Sellers, and many more key cultural, scientific and humanitarian figures